So Nice To Come home To!

Last Sunday I wore my Brooks Brothers light blue no-iron button-up shirt to church. It's a favorite, (1) because it's a great shirt and (2) because I got such a good deal on it...$39, considering the full-price ridiculousness. Well, at the end of our meetings, I lifted my arm to rest it on the seat back next to me and heard a sound you just don't want to hear when you're wearing a favorite shirt. The no-iron press mark down the sleeve split open exposing my forearm to the world. After the meeting was over, friend Jill came up to me. "I saw what happened to your shirt and that is such a bummer!" I was so bummed! Expensive clothing is just not supposed to do that!

Luckily, I'm married to the Captain. Not only is he a master negotiator, he knows how to get what he wants and he usually does. I asked him if he would try to take it back to the store. I had a suspicion that it wouldn't be a problem. I was right, he didn't even have to use his skills. No questions asked, the salesperson said, "my manager said there was a bad batch of these shirts out there," (not to mention mine was about 4 years old and probably not in the bad batch he was referring to) and exchanged my ripped shirt for a brand spanking new one, which was sitting at the foot of our bed when I came home.


And these were on the table. Oh! Jeremy Anderson did such a good job! He sent two Blue Ray discs--unbelievable! the quality is so much better than I could've imagined--in addition to enough DVDs for all of our parents and probably all of our future children to have their own personal copies of it. I will figure out how to post the video from our wedding I promise! In the meantime, I thought I should back track a bit, maybe start at the beginning while we wait for our photos. And then I realized the document I started with the story of how I met the Captain is lost or hopefully on my work computer. So that will have to wait too. My sincerest apologies. One of these days I'll get to blog about our wedding with some eye candy to keep your interest.

2 comments:

Kit said...

Can't wait!!!!

Annie Jean said...

Yes, I would love to hear the story of how you two meet. I have an assumption that Rustin had something to do with it?