Ahem...

We'll see if there's anyone still out there after months of my delinquency. Here's your reward. Before I instagram the crap out of this news and I give the Captain the o.k. to put it all over facebook, you heard it here first.

One nervous Captain

 shhh...no photography aloud in the waiting room
 Two happy parents to be

We couldn't be more excited! Well, maybe I'd be a little more excited if I wasn't sick as a dog (I mean, a friend of mine with two kids said to me the other day, "wow, you're pregnancy is really hard!" I have nothing to compare it to, but I'll be the first to admit that growing a human is hard work!). But really, seeing the look on the Captain's face when he saw the little heart beating and then heard it in all it's rapid-swooshing glory, makes it worth it. And I trust that the ups of being a mom will too.

We'll be welcoming this baby into the world in early April 2013. 

So there you go. The reason for my absence in the blogosphere. The reason for the delay of the unveil of my new look. (The last thing I want to do when I get home from work and my rocky subway commute is sit in front of a computer some more. And let's be honest, all my construction energy is going inward. There's nothing left for html and css. Someday.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, I'm so happy for you guys!

Lindsay said...

Yay! So, SO excited for you! I had a hunch (or maybe it was a hope?) that news of this sort might have been surfacing soon. ;) Congratulations! And hang in there -- the miseries of pregnancy really are more than worth it.

whitesilkpurse said...

Much love! I am excited to meet your new little joy. Keep me in the loop. :)

It's Been a Day! said...

really pumped for you guys. that's one lucky baby. and whoever says they love being pregnant is lying. that first trimester sucks.