Pregnancy Journal - Twenty Weeks



How far along: 20 weeks

Weight gain, body changes: 6 lbs since my last appointment, 5 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight. I guess that means I've caught up! I definitely look pregnant now with 3 more inches around my middle.

Maternity clothes: I've grown out of most of my regular tops and only fit into pants that have a super low rise--though I would only wear them for a couple hours and not when I have to sit for an extended period of time.


Stretch marks: Nothing new. I've opted for a "smell-free" combination of grapeseed oil, coconut oil and vitamin E. I'm liking that.

Movement: All the time, it's just a question of how intense. He even kicked hard enough that I could see his little foot push my stomach out. At my 20 week appointment today, his head was down. I think he's doing handstands and scissor kicks.

Sleep: I can still sleep on my back some nights, but most nights it's uncomfortable. Getting up more during the night.

Best moment this week: I had a lot of good moments. A highlight was a couple weeks ago when it snowed. For the first time, I got really excited to be having a boy and all the adventurousness that will come with him.

What made you cry: The primary song, "I hope they call me on a mission" came on my ipod randomly and I cried--already a proud mama. I cried when people spontaneously gave up their seats for me on the subway (interestingly, most were women). I cried Saturday when I realized that I wasn't going to stop throwing up. I couldn't keep anything--even water down. The Captain was out of town and my visiting teacher called out of the blue to check in on me. A merciful miracle. She took me to the hospital and waited with me while they gave me a rehydration IV and some anti-nausea meds. I slept so hard that night. I don't think I moved until morning.


Food cravings: Fried chicken. I can finally eat meat again and am really excited about it. I don't love that it has to be well done, but I think I got sick last weekend from something I ate, so I'll be more careful.

Something you miss: Exercise. Crazy me. My midwife told me today that I just need to be grateful that I'm gaining weight and to take the pregnancy I was given. Great advice!

Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm still a little sensitive to smells.

How's your mood: So much better.

Any surprises? How much I missed the Captain while he was gone. It's really good to have him around.  

No comments: