My Juicer Makes Nutbutter

So I made something kind of amazing. Really people. I loved my juicer before, but now I love it even more. And I really want to make these again, like right now.


Nutbutter Cups
(adapted from this recipe from Wellness Mama)

Ingredients
1 bag chocolate chips (I used the same kind she recommends and I loved them...soy-, gluten-, and dairy-free--so smooth!)
1 c. almond butter (or 2 cups of almonds, soaked over night, rinsed and dried, fed through your choice of grinder)
½ c. cashew butter (or 1 cup of cashews, fed through your grinder)
½ c. unsweetened shredded coconut
3 T coconut oil
2 T agave
pinch of sea salt
1 t. vanilla

Directions
  1. Combine your nut butters, coconut, coconut oil, agave, salt, and vanilla and mix until well blended.
  2. Melt down the chocolate chips in a microwave safe ceramic bowl (who has time for a double boiler?) 30 seconds to a minute at a time, stiring between.
  3. Pour enough chocolate into baking cups (I used paper and silicone) to cover the bottom of the cup and stick in freezer for a few minutes to stiffen. It doesn't need to be perfectly hard. 
  4. While the chocolate is setting, shape spoonfuls of the nutbutter filling into flat circles about 3/4 the size of your cups. Remove the chocolate cups from the freezer and place a filling disc into each cup. You can sort of push it into the chocolate, but be sure you don't push it through all the way.
  5. Set in freezer for another couple minutes and remove.
  6. Pour the remainder of the chocolate on top, covering the sides and smoothing over the top to seal around the filling.
  7. Place back in the freezer to harden.
I kept mine in the freezer, uncovered, for a couple weeks and they still tasted great! I think next time I will sprinkle some course sea salt on the top instead of adding the salt to the filling.

No comments: