Upcoming...

Spring Break 2008~

What is spring break in grad school when you have responsibilites to a job and an internship?? One night off? That's hardly a break. Well, This year, I allowed myself to be talked into taking time off work (no paid vacay for part-time employees) and paying $$ to learn. I'll be attending a 3-day conference in San Diego with this man, Michael White. He's coming from Australia and is one of the founders of Narrative ideas and practice.

Someday I will write about the wonderfully mind-altering things I am learning about humanity and this therapy called Narrative. But not today...today I want to share (and try to not rub it in too much) where I will be staying next week during my spring break while I learn more about how to help people change their lives.

Welcome to Paradise Point Resort and Spa...



Sometimes I have to pinch myself. Is this really my life? Do I really get to be this lucky and by lucky I mean blessed. But I hesitate to use the word "blessed" even though I do give credit to the Creator for all that is good in my life--but hesitate because I know that the luckiness of my life does not in any way make me more valuable or loved than any one else! And then I have to acknowlege that luckiness in life may look very different to someone else than it looks to me.

However, I do feel a strong sense of responsibility that comes with this luckiness in my life. If I get my way, it's a lucky sort of training camp for the future changing of human consciousness. It's definitely a lucky sort of training camp for the changing my consciousness.

3 comments:

Emily Frame said...

you'll have to tell me more about this... i took the last name off friendlies.

charity said...

i will fo sho.

Aubrey Messick said...

HAVE A FABULOUS WEEK!