Thank you...

To all the Fathers in my life!

That's my dad at the bottom of the dog pile, if you can't tell. I wonder how often he feels like this?? He such a wonderful provider and works so hard for our family--always has! Even through the busyness, he still found time to *attempt* to teach me how to throw, dig, set, catch a grounder. If I had only been a little more coordinated :). But, the life's lessons he has taught me through example and conversation have meant the world to me. Thank you for the counsel, for the Father's blessings, for all the hundreds of thousands of dollars in financial support, for putting me through undergrad and helping so much during grad school. The list could go on and on...

My grandpas...and brothers who are now daddy's. My heart is very full today with gratitude for your examples, for setting a high standard for the man who I'll choose to be the dad for my kids.

Whoever he is, I do have faith that he's out there somewhere, you better be getting ready to be the best dad in the world!


Most importantly, I am eternally grateful for a Heavenly Father whose love for me is shown in so many ways.

"Fatherhood has the potential to make you better than you are." ~Lloyd Newell (this morning's music and the spoken word) And I would like to add, fathers have the potential to make all of us better than we are. I know the fathers in my life have helped and are helping me become the best I can be.

All my love and respect...

6 comments:

Kit said...

what a beautiful post. . .

has left me sniffling; with a full heart!
Thank you, Charity, for bringing some deeper meaning and feeling to my heart and my day!

Miss you, Honey!
Mom

Cicily said...

I know this isn't the exact post I'm commenting on, but I wasn't sure how far back you would check. I just caught myself up on the happenings in your life. #1 Congratulations on graduating, that is such a great accomplishment. You will be so glad that you've done that. #2 Happy belated birthday, you beautiful girl. #3 I can't believe you did Half Dome. I got a little queasy looking at the picture of people going up the rock face. You are a trooper. #4 Do you ever come to Arizona? If so, you need to visit me when you do, it's been too long.

Natalie said...

Love that last quote...so so true!

What a great post.

The Hokanson Family said...

What sweet pictures Char.

elizabeth kartchner said...

love the pic of quincey!! :]

sweet post charity! a little bird told me that you may be coming here for the 4th?

yay!

Melly Mel said...

Beautiful and humbling post. I love the way your write Charity. You are so talented.