playing with bears


I had one of the best, if not the best Columbus Day weekends ever (too often un-celebrated holiday). We drove up to Jackson, WY on Friday where we hung out at the Clayton's cabin--meeting new friends and catching up with one great former roommate [m.e. :)]. The temperature highs were pretty low enabling a dusting of white, icy goodness over the Tetons and us.


loving my new kicks. I realized since living at the beach for the last few years I have lost much of my gear. picked these cute things up to reconnect with my Utah-girlness. my feet were so warm. they love the snow.


I know this pic is blurry, taken w/ the zoom on my phone. This little guy was about 50 yards away. Cute little bear tried to climb a baby aspen tree and kept falling down. This was right after a conversation about what to do when charged by a bear. I'm not sure that counts for black bears. He couldn't have cared less that we were there.



Came back to this...

Welcome home! He flashed a warning when I started the engine of 33 degrees. I think Lucky likes the snow! (The coziness in SLC upon my return was pretty great, I will not lie.)

2 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

I love that you love the snow! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend in WY.

m spot said...

i'm so glad you came!!