am I over blogging...as in blogging too much?

I think I may be lacking stimulating conversation, because I realized earlier that several times a day I have the thought, "I should blog about that" and then I write out exactly what I would say in my head. Obviously, most of those conversations with myself don't ever make it to the world wide web. But, fortunately for you :) this one will...

Today was pretty much a great day. This morning, a craft bomb exploded in my room. I'll tell you, whenever I get to start the day with a glue gun in my hand, it's sure to be a pretty great day. Yes, I've been crafting with a purpose. Mark your calendars for the upcoming mini-boutique, "Spring Into This" in Orem on March 26th. I felt especially flattered when Emily, my creative genius of a sister, asked if I would sell my goods at their little market and asked if I would create the invite (watch for it--I'm so excited to have CS4).

Around noon, I headed up the canyon to play in the snow. Honestly, I look back to the time period when I thought I would never move back to Utah and scoff! What was I thinking? I love it here. I'm re-smitten with the mountains. The only sad thing is I want to use my tax refund for new skis and boots (mine are going on 8 years) but I am going to be responsible and put it all (minus tonight's dinner) towards my student loan. Please tell me good job! This is a really hard thing for me to do.

I spent the evening catching up with a good friend (bless your heart--I love you!) and then chatting over some amazing clam chowder and seared ahi at Market Street Grill with some beautiful women--Happy Birthday, Heather! (we're kind of a big deal... jk, but this older gentleman was quite taken with Amber...his daughter whose 30 birthday they were there celebrating, mouthed an apology through the window to us...I wish I could show you the face she made. it was so great.) And I loved when the conversation turned eternal and allowed me to get "the chills" over and over. We practically shut the place down.

I dedicated a song to you ladies on my way home. I rarely listen to the radio, but was driving my dad's truck since I was low on fuel and he's in Jordan (neither south nor west, but middle east) and it was either the radio or James Taylor (not that I'm opposed, I love James).

Imagine the pre-recorded voice, sounds a little like Delilah, "Jimmy Eat World: The Middle"

Hey, don't write yourself off yet
It's only in your head you feel left out
Or looked down on
Just try your best, try everything you can
And don't you worry what they tell themselves
When you're away.

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be alright. alright.

Hey, you know they're all the same
You know you're doing better on your own
So don't buy in
Live right now
Yeah, just be yourself
It doesn't matter if it's good enough
For someone else

Hey, don't write yourself off yet
It's only in your head you feel left out
Or looked down on
Just do your best, do everything you can
And don't you worry what the bitter hearts, are gonna say

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be alright. alright.

One of the many perks of growing up in the Gilly (aka: Gilbert, AZ) was being the recipient of the first Jimmy tape produced. That's right kids, a cassette tape circa 1993. By the way, Em??? Do you know what happened to that?

Amen and Goodnight.

2 comments:

Emily Frame said...

yay, can't wait to see your stuff!

p.s. you are a really sweet sister. i love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so so excited to see your stuff! I for sure want to come to the boutique! let me know more details when you get them!