Rawlicious Halva


Forgive the cheesiness of the post title, but this is one really rawlicious recipe. You may remember from my birthday novel that I had halva on my goat milk lavender honey ice cream. Well, it was so good that I decided to try my hand at it. There are some pretty complicated versions out there, but this one is pretty simple.

Ingredients:

1 c raw, hulled seasame seeds
2-3 T raw honey or agave
2 t vanilla
1 T coconut oil (*optional for a softer cookie)

Directions:

Grind up the sesame seeds into a nut butter texture. I used my handy coffee grinder that has never been used for coffee. It's super nice to have around for spices, nuts, flax and chia, ingredients for random potions and the like. Stir in honey/agave, vanilla and coconut oil* until well blended. Press into molds or a wax paper lined square pan/dish. Set in the freezer. If in a pan, cut into squares. If in molds, pop out and enjoy. Crumble on ice cream for a nice treat.



No comments: