Artichoke, Kale & Goat Cheese Omelet


Sometimes my breakfast routine becomes a little boring. I love sleep. A lot. So I I'm lucky if I have time to fry up a couple eggs or eat some granola. Often my breakfast is an individual serving of Chobani (which we can get at the commissary for $1 each--don't be too jealous) with some seeds and berries stirred in while I walk to the subway.

Sometimes I splurge and make something fantastic. Like this yummy artichoke, kale and goat cheese omelet.

Ingredients

2 whole eggs or 3 egg whites
1T oil
1 clove garlic crushed and diced
1/4 yellow onion diced
1 large or 2 small celery stalks chopped
1/2 cup kale shredded
1-2 marinated artichoke hearts diced
1/2 tomato diced
herbed goat cheese as desired
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

Beat eggs in a small bowl and set aside. In a heated skillet, saute garlic and onions in a little oil (I use olive oil. I know you're not supposed to cook with it, but I just love the way it tastes). Once the onion is translucent and soft, add the celery and kale. Saute for another couple minutes until the kale is a nice bright green. Set aside your cooked veggies. Pour your eggs into the same skillet and let them cook until the bottom is cooked through and the top is still a little wet. Throw your cooked veggies on top, along with the tomatoes, artichoke, goat cheese, and some salt and pepper. Fold in half and let cook a little longer on both "sides" to melt the cheese a bit. Cut in half and share or eat it all by yourself, like I do.

No comments: